Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans floors: dry mops, wet mops, sweeps, vacuums, disinfects where and when necessary. Performs emergency housekeeping when accidents occur.
- Cleans movable and stationary furnishing and fixtures: dusts, spot cleans or washes, disinfects and polishes. This includes the cleaning of ledges, shelves, vents, etc.
- Reports any furnishings for wear and defects to the Elmwood Care Administrator or LVN/RN Charge Nurse.
- Cleans bathrooms used by residents, employees, and visitors. Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, and walls as directed. Washes windows and mirrors, replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Cleans entrances and exits as directed for floors and walls.
- Cleans all surfaces daily or as required, removing dust, dirt, or greasy fil using disinfectants where necessary such as in resident care area.
- Performs terminal cleaning duties according to established procedure for resident rooms when resident has been discharged or transferred and prepares room for new occupant.
- Performs cleaning duties in isolation units when residents are transferred.
- Removes waste and disposes of waste and trash.
- Maintains housekeeping equipment used.
- Full-Time AM Shift
- 4/2, 4 days on and 2 days off
- Housekeeping and cleaning experience required
- Skills in operating equipment and tools
- Knowledge of solutions, chemicals, and cleaning supplies
- Ability to read and understand label instructions
- Must have conversational level of English to be able to communicate with residents and staff
- Ability to keep a mature composure in stressful situations and be able to deal effectively with the demands of the position