Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a professional manner. Greets and assists residents and screens visitors in a courteous and tactful manner. Monitors security camera and gate to prevent elopements.
- Uses the skill of "re-directing" with residents, helping to guide them verbally into acceptable behaviors and calmness when they are asking questions or expressing desires that are not realistic, given their dementia. Defuses inappropriate requests.
- Checks in new residents by compiling an inventory of their belongings. Communicates and documents resident's personal information with the responsible family member or representative.
- Updates all necessary forms to reflect the new move-in. Types out all information that Team Leaders and Caregivers need to know in the communication book and makes signs as needed.
- Compiles and maintains resident's personal records and completes clerical work assignments.
- Keeps track of residents who are signed out to family members, out for doctor appointments or any legitimate reason, knowing the approved, intended location of a resident at any time.
- Maintains the resident information folders which are sent with the resident whenever he/she is sent to the hospital. Makes appropriate copies which accompany residents to doctor appointments.
- Reads the communication book of previous day and addresses needs stated there either by work orders, speaking with appropriate staff, or addressing the request(s) that need attention. When proper, follows up with the person or family member to give them the results of the request.
- Maintains confidentiality as it relates to residents and employees of the Community.
- Reports to the GMC Director any situation that requires their attention and helps the GMC Director, LVN and Team Leaders in cases of emergency situations, as directed.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added as needed and requested by the Director that are within the scope of this position.
- Part-time PM Shift
- At least 1 year of experience working as a Receptionist.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service.
- Some knowledge in answering, screening and transferring calls, filing, scanning, copying.
- Ability to provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Must have a pleasant, friendly personality, possess a professional appearance and demeanor, and have good judgment.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations with dignity and professionalism.
- Job role requires regular interaction with staff, residents, families, volunteers, and constituent groups concerning matters of importance to the organization.
- Must have conversational level of English.