ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare menus prior to breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily.
- Visit community members in assigned areas for menu selections, may require to read the menu to some community members.
- Answer tray line phone and take orders or deliver items wanted.
- Maintain community member diet data such as current sides, drinks, and the Cook's tally sheets on a weekly basis according to the department census and community member preference changes.
- Maintain communication with Registered Dietician regarding patient changes or needs.
- Check for new diet orders, discharges, and any new admits for each department.
- Prepare and deliver snacks to the different departments per monthly activities calendar.
- Record temperatures of all assigned refrigerators and routinely clean out any outdated items.
- Maintain a neat and sanitary work area-both in the main kitchen and in the Nutrition Aide prep area.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added as needed and requested by the Director that are within the scope of this position.
- Full-time 10:30am-7:00pm
- Days will vary, includes weekends. Preferably no schedule restrictions.
- Be knowledgeable of food safety practices and food service principles
- Ability to understand oral and written communication in English
- Excellent team player with interpersonal skills
- Reliable and willing to remain flexible in order to meet the changing needs of the department
- Ability to keep a mature composure in stressful situations and be able to deal effectively with the demands of the position
- Quick learner and open to learning and receiving constructive criticism
- Training will be provided for the right candidate