ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare meals for dining room, trayline diets, special menus, and catering functions.
- Set up trayline, assist with service, and keep serving lines stocked.
- Check product rotation and utilization.
- Carve meat entrees on hot buffet line as needed.
- Make sure frozen items for the day are in the walk-in to defrost.
- Must clean any machinery used such as slicers, buffalo chopper, mixers, etc.
- Properly cook and put away all food intended for later consumption.
- All items are to be dated the day they are first prepared or opened. The time and temperature of each food item is to be entered in a log accordance with the HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point).
- Food reception, preparation, storage, and sanitation will be in accordance with HACCP procedures.
- Properly clean and sanitize all counters and work areas. Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times.
- Must attend any scheduled meetings and/or training sessions.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added as needed and requested by the Director that are within the scope of this position.
- Full-time AM Shift
- Includes weekdays and weekends
- Knowledge of safety procedures, including safe temperatures and accurate food preparation
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating on complex dishes
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of people, such as food servers, dishwashers, bussers, management, and community members
- Calm demeanor to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment
- Comprehension and organization to follow direct orders and recipes and to correctly prepare dishes to the highest standards
- Ability to handle kitchen tools, such as knife techniques for chopping, slicing, cutting and dicing