We are hiring for a Lead Cook for our Dietary Department that will fit the Rowntree Gardens Community.
Applicants are required to complete an Employment Application in order to be considered for any position in our company. The Application can be completed in person at our campus or can be emailed as a PDF. Please note that our main forms of communication are via phone and email. We ask that you continually check your messages to stay informed on your application status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare meals for dining room, trayline diets, special menus, and catering functions.
- Set up trayline, assist with service, and keep serving lines stocked.
- Check product rotation and utilization.
- Carve meat entrees on hot buffet line as needed.
- Make sure frozen items for the day are in the walk-in to defrost.
- Must clean any machinery used such as slicers, buffalo chopper, mixers, etc.
- Properly cook and put away all food intended for later consumption.
- All items are to be dated the day they are first prepared or opened. The time and temperature of each food item is to be entered in a log accordance with the HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point).
- Food reception, preparation, storage, and sanitation will be in accordance with HACCP procedures.
- Properly clean and sanitize all counters and work areas. Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times.
- Must attend any scheduled meetings and/or training sessions.
- Full-time AM Shift
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 5:00am-1:30pm
- Friday and Saturday 10:00am-6:30pm
- Full-time AM Shift
- Sunday-Thursday 10:30am-7:00pm
- Knowledge of safety procedures, including safe temperatures and accurate food preparation
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating on complex dishes
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of people, such as food servers, dishwashers, bussers, management, and community members
- Calm demeanor to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment
- Comprehension and organization to follow direct orders and recipes and to correctly prepare dishes to the highest standards
- Ability to handle kitchen tools, such as knife techniques for chopping, slicing, cutting and dicing