ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist community members with personal care and hygiene as scheduled or needed.
- Assist community members with dressing and grooming.
- Document that shower was given or that community members refused to have shower.
- Transport community members to Beauty shop at scheduled appointment time.
- Provide clean linen when appropriate.
- Make unoccupied bed.
- Comfort community members.
- One-on-one time with community member.
- Ensure that residents are secured appropriately when transporting by wheelchair or stretcher.
- Assist patients in moving, sitting, or ambulating as necessary.
- Ensure that needed articles are within community members' reach (water, tissues, etc.)
- Ensure that side rails are used only as directed by physician order and care plan.
- Help to ensure that the resident rooms remain free of clutter.
- Help to ensure floors are dry-- wipe up spills immediately, and pick up objects, which could cause residents to fall.
- Ensure good lighting in halls and bathrooms.
- Use good hand-washing, aseptic techniques, and universal precautions.
- Help keep the unit clean.
- Serve food to community members using prescribed diets.
- Attend required in-service education programs, staff and department meetings.
- Support and adhere to Nursing Service and Administrative policies and procedures.
- Relate all community member's questions/requests to supervisor.
- Remain available and accessible at all times when on duty.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added as needed and requested by the Director that are within the scope of this position.
Memory Care Department:
- Full-time PM Shift (2pm-10pm)
- Full-time PM Shift
- Part-time PM Shift
- Must be flexible
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in Memory Care or Assisted Living to be considered
- This position requires the Caregiver to be equipped with caring for more than one resident at a time
- Excellent knowledge of emergency response and first aid (CPR)
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety standards
- Respectful and compassionate toward the care of the community members
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to keep a mature composure in stressful situations and be able to deal effectively with the demands of the position
Due to California State regulations we are required to have all of our applicant’s pass a Background Check, Physical, and TB test.
Please contact our Recruiter Dalia to submit an Application. Phone: 714-971-6806 Email: DaliaB@RowntreeGardens.org