ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Duties and responsibilities may be added as needed and requested by the Director that are within the scope of this position.
- Renders nursing care to community members within an assigned unit.
- Observes and reports symptoms and conditions of residents.
- Takes and records temperatures, respiration, and pulse.
- Administers medications and IV's prescribed by physician and records reactions.
- Assists in administering highly specialized therapy with complicated equipment.
- Maintains records reflecting community member's condition, medication, and treatments.
- Assists in maintaining a physical, social and psychological environment which will be conducive to the best interest and welfare of residents.
- Supervises the work of Nurses, CNA's, RNA's and all supportive Nursing Staff.
- Maintains a working knowledge of resident's condition at all times.
- Reviews reports from previous shifts to determine changes in status of residents and assigns duties to nursing personnel.
- Responsible for notifying Director of Nursing Services (DNS) and/or Administrator of changes in patient condition or other job-related problems.
- Full-time 3pm-11pm
- Part-time 3pm-11pm (with weekends)
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing, currently registered and licensed with the California State Board of Nursing.
- 1-year experience in long-term care preferred.
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified.