RN Quality Assurance Nurse
RN Quality Assurance Nurse
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively supports the entire nursing staff with patient care as needed.
- Makes environmental rounds daily to observe and identify actual or potential risks to residents and/or staff.
- Conducts monthly quality assurance audits on topics of identified needs such as answering call lights, reviewing compliance, bowel and bladder program, and restraint/device use.
- Conducts chart audits as needed such as psychotropic drug review, admission documentation, and assessments.
- Meets weekly with the DON to identify areas of practice improvements.
- Orients licensed nurses to proper documentation practices, MD order follow-through.
- Identifies licensed staff in-servicing needs and works with Staff Development to offer/arrange for the in-services.
- Identifies incident report trends of care and system deficiency. Offers/arranges for staff in-servicing to improve identified deficiency trends.
- Participates with education of licensed nurses in Point Click Care.
- Reviews the monthly Quality Indicator reports to identify system deficiencies and work with DON to plan corrective action.
- Performs monthly random chart audits on all units.
- Conducts staff interviews on all abuse reports.
- Coordinates the licensed staff schedule.
- Performs special projects as assigned by the DON.
- Performs IV infusion/IV antibiotics administration.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added as needed and requested by the Director that are within the scope of this position.
- Full-time (approximately 10:00am-6:00pm)
- Must be available some weekends
- Work hours and schedule shall remain flexible to meet the needs of the facility, staff, operations, and community involvement
- Currently licensed in the State of California as a RN, with license in good standing
- 2 or more years of experience in a long-term care setting as a licensed nurse
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations pertaining to long-term care
- Exceptional project management skills including: independent, goal-oriented, attention to detail, and multitasking
- Exhibit strong assessment skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, teaching/presenting, and writing skills to motivate staff in compliance with quality care standards
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive medical information and foster a safe, ethical work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective relationships with residents, families, staff, and visitors
Please contact our Recruiter Dalia to submit an Application. Phone: 714-971-6806 Email: DaliaB@RowntreeGardens.org