We have an opening for a competent and reliable Gardener to maintain our 8-acre garden. The ideal candidate will be friendly, professional, and possess in-depth knowledge of effective gardening techniques. This position will be part of our Facility Services Department and will report to the Director of Facility Services.
Applicants are required to complete an Employment Application in order to be considered for any position in our company. The Application can be completed in person at our campus or can be emailed as a PDF. Please note that our main forms of communication are via phone and email. We ask that you continually check your messages to stay informed on your application status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General landscaping including: mowing, edging, trimming, blowing, sweeping, and cleaning all garden areas on main campus along with all attached house units, mopping and vacuuming of floors; cleaning windows/walls; picking up debris such as trash and leaves, cleaning outdoor furniture, fixtures, and structures such as the Gazebos.
- Periodically planting flowers, bushes, shrubs, and other plants throughout the facility.
- Seeding and replanting in the grass area.
- Collaborate with Marketing staff to determine other areas that need cleaning or organizing.
- Support and embrace Rowntree Gardens' service styles.
- Being proactive in identifying and eliminating potentially dangerous areas. For example, sweeping leaves or pine needles on a walkway.
- Reports any unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
- Ensures resident and employee safety at all times.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added as needed and requested by the Director that are within the scope of this position.
- This is a Full-time Hourly Position
- Specific hours and days are TBD as well as pay rate
- Relevant experience in Gardening is required
- Familiar with landscaping design
- Knowledge of regional plant life, synthetic and natural fertilizers
- Knowledge in operating and maintaining equipment and tools
- Possess a friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to keep a mature composure in stressful situations and be able to deal effectively with the demands of the position
Please contact our Recruiter Dalia to submit an Application. Phone: 714-971-6806 Email: DaliaB@RowntreeGardens.org