We are looking for an Executive Chef for our Food Services Department.
Applicants are required to complete an Employment Application in order to be considered for any position in our company. The Application can be completed in person at our campus or can be emailed as a PDF. Please note that our main forms of communication are via phone and email. We ask that you continually check your messages to stay informed on your application status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hands on participation in the daily preparation of all foods prepared for entrée service, concentrating on the assigned meal, special events, and catered events.
- Direct day-to-day supervision of all cooking staff. Work one on one to train existing staff to become increasingly skilled in food production, presentation, safe food handling and all sanitation practices.
- Work directly with Director in upgrading within budget confinements the menu cycle, menus for special events, and catered events.
- Collaborate with Director to continue developing special events for community member enjoyment, working towards planning and presenting the event in absence of Director.
- Properly cook and put away all food intended for later consumption. The time and temperature of each food item is to be entered in a log in accordance with HACCP (Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point).
- Food reception, preparation, storage, and sanitation will be in accordance with HACCP procedures.
- Assist in long term planning toward upgraded services within the Food Services Department.
- Responsible for issuing fair and equitable disciplinary actions for immediate staff.
- May conduct/and or participate in in-service meetings with staff.
- Attends Community member Advisory Meetings, and/or Department Safety meetings to keep abreast of overall needs within the community and the department.
- Tuesday-Saturday, hours may vary based on weekly events for each month
- 3-5 years experience in cooking. At least one of those years working as a chef.